Recording Project Description:
Your project must:
- Contain at least 1 track recorded by YOU or your group that exhibits proper recording/mic techniques.
- Contain at least 2 tracks total (for example, an instrumental track mixed with your vocals).
- Be edited and mixed in a balanced, mindful, tasteful manner (you will turn in a Mixing Profile Map that shows us how you mixed and edited each track).
- Be exported as an .mp3 file and uploaded via the class website.
- Work by yourself or in a group of up to 3 people (by teacher approval).
- Record anything- musical or non-musical.
- Record yourself or someone/something else.
***You may NOT go to your friend's recording studio and lay down a track. The point of this project is for you to become the recording engineer and producer, not someone else who is a professional!
Some Ideas to Get You Started:
- Interview someone (as yourself, or create characters).
- Recite poetry (written by you or someone else).
- Make a commercial for a real or imaginary product.
- Do Sportscenter/ESPN-like athletic commentary or show.
- Tell a story and add music/sound effects to add more layers.
- Do a stand-up comedy routine!
- Argue for or against an issue of your choice.
- Record something in your everyday environment (street noises, the train, etc.).
- Record yourself or a friend playing an instrument (piano, guitar, etc.).
- Of course, you could sing or rap over your favorite instrumental.
What else could you do? Please share your ideas!